Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky is a small community of 2300 residents nestled in the spectacular Madison Mountains of Southwest, Montana located halfway between Bozeman, MT and West Yellowstone along highway 191.
- More than 25 flights a day arrive into nearby Bozeman, Montana (BZN) on these major airlines: Delta/SkyWest, United/United Express, Alaska/ Horizon, Frontier and Allegiant.
- From Bozeman, Big Sky is a 45-minute drive on US Highway 191 through the beautiful Gallatin River Canyon
- Race participants have a full range of accommodation options in the area for the weekend. From the Big Sky Resort Huntley Lodge, which is a 30 second walk from the race start/finish line, to nearby Forest Service campgrounds, there is something to suit everyone!
- Don’t forget to make time to head down to Yellowstone National Park before or after the race to see the fall colors turning,and, of course, hear the elk bugling!
Getting to & from Big Sky
Below is some information regarding Big Sky Resort & Community information that may be pertinent to you: With the decreased availability for rental cars nationwide, below are some helpful links for transportation to and from the Bozeman airport, and around Big Sky.
- Karst Stage Airport Shuttle
- Big Sky Shuttle – Airport Shuttle
- Skyline Bus – Summer Schedule (Big Sky Meadow Village to Mountain Village transportation. Great for dinner reservations in town)
- Mountain & Canyon Cab
Accommodations / Lodging Deals
Stay a quick crawl from the start/finish line with The Rut Mountain Runs exclusive lodging at Big Sky Resort.
- Complete lodging accommodation information at www.bigskyresort.com/lodging
- Call Big Sky Central Reservations at 800-548-4486 and mention the Rut for your Rut Runner discount.
- Or book online. Click on the button below for exclusive Rut pricing on lodging.