THE RUT 11K RACE
Sunday, September 15, 2024 | 7:30 AM START
Aid Stations (We are a cupless event)
There is one aid station located along the 11K course near 4.7 miles into the race. It will be supplied with water, Skratch Labs electrolyte drink, first aid, and energetic volunteers.
By the Numbers
- Distance: A short 11K (6.4 Miles)
- Aid Station: 4.7 Miles
- Elevation Gain: 1600 ft / 487 meters
- Elevation Loss: 1600 ft / 487 meters
- 80% Single Track
- 20% Dirt Road
When participants signed up for the 2022 Rut they shared an estimated finishing time for their event. We then assigned waves based on their estimated finishing time and have sent an email out with wave assignments. There will be 8 waves separated by 5 minutes each for the 11K in 2022. Runners’ waves will be on the back of their bib and runners must start in their assigned wave. Help us in limiting congestion on the trails. Thank you!
Lastly, overall awards will be based on the time from when the gun goes off with the first wave. Age group awards will be based on chip timing.
Course Markings (Red Pin Flags & Tape)
This is not an orienteering race. The race organizers will do everything they can to have the course marked well for race participants the day of the event. The Rut 11K will be marked with red pin flags and tape with a Rut Logo on them.
Please be prepared for any type of weather. This is a challenging run on challenging terrain and the race organizers reserve the right to stop the race at any time should they deem the course unsafe due to weather.
11K Fine Print:
- Learn more about all Rut Rules HERE
Rut Registration Policy
- There will be no deferrals, credits, transfers to other runners, or waitlists for any Rut race. No exceptions.
- Rut Runners who must drop out due to unforeseen circumstances may do so by June 1st and will receive a 50% refund.
- Rut Runners in some races may also move down in distance. This must be done no later than August 15th.
- For example, the 50K can move to the 28K, 20K, or 11K, but not the VK. The 28K can move to the 20K, or 11K, but not the 50K or VK. The 20K can move to the 11K, but not the 50K, 28K, or VK. The VK can move to the 11K only. The 11K cannot transfer to another event. A transfer in distance will be charged a $5 processing fee.
- Questions? Check out our Rut Registration FAQ's page.