The Rut Virtual Runs
While we would love to see you all in Big Sky this September, we are excited to bring the spirit of the Rut into a virtual experience that can keep you motivated, accountable, and working towards your racing goals this summer. Join us for the Rut Virtual Runs (RVR) and receive a Rut Care Package custom to your race distance, the opportunity to upload your race results, fun training challenges, promotions from our partners, and more.
How it Works:
The RVR is quite simple. You keep training for your Rut event this summer and then run the distance of your event on the route of your choosing during the window of August 29th-September 7th. You can then upload your self-reported results to our Runsignup platform. We will then send you your 2020 Rut Care Package customized to your distance (which also reflects what you paid for your 2020 entry.)
Timeline to complete the RVR:
RVR Runners will have a 10-day window from 12:00 AM on August 29th to 11:59 PM on Labor Day, September 7th to complete their distance and upload to our Runsignup results platform.
You will have from Saturday, August 29th – Monday, September 7th to complete your Rut Virtual Run and upload your time to RunSignUp.
To upload your results, follow the directions below.
- Log on to your RunSignUp account.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right of the webpage, select “Profile”.
- Scroll down to “Upcoming Races” and click on “Submit Virtual Results”.
- Submit your RVR result!
For more information on results submission, visit this webpage.
Current 2020 Rut Participants have been given the option to choose to transfer their fee into the RVR by June 30th.
New RVR Runners can join at the below prices | Registration will open to the public at 8 am on July 6th after current Rut participants have had the chance to choose to transfer into the RVR.
- 11K – $45
- VK – $60
- 28K – $95
- 50K – $120
All RVR Runners will receive Rut care packages custom to their distance:
- 11K – 2020 Rut T-shirt, 11K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib.
- VK – 2020 Rut T-Shirt, VK Finishers Medal, 2020 Rut Race Bib, and 2020 Rut Neck Gaiter.
- 28K – 2020 Rut T-Shirt, 28K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib, 2020 Rut Neck Gaiter, and a pair of Darn Tough Socks.
- 50K – 2020 Rut T-Shirt, 50K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib, 2020 Rut Neck Gaiter, a pair of Darn Tough Socks, and 2020 Rut Beanie.
*Care packages will be sent to ALL RVR participants following the closing of the RVR on September 7th. Finishers Medals will only be included in care packages for runners who uploaded their self-reported race results to our Runsignup platform during the window of time.
All RVR Participants will also receive
- Weekly training and racing tip videos from The North Face Global Athlete Run Team.
- Weekly newsletter
- Weekly challenges to keep you motivated and on task throughout the summer, with challenge awards generously donated by our partners.
- Platform to upload your results and see how all your fellow Rut Runners crushed their own RVR.
- Suggested routes in some of the major cities that our Rut Runners call home.
- Access to the private RVR Strava Group.
Now that we have gone virtual you can choose to run your Rut event anywhere. We recommend you find a fun adventure close to your home. Though we never thought we would say this if it must be done on a treadmill we support you!
While we encourage you to challenge yourselves with your own steep and rugged courses like the Rut, there will be no elevation gain required for the RVR. You must only complete the distance of your chosen event and then upload your results to our Runsignup platform to be considered an RVR finisher.
Additionally, we are working to provide you with some suggested routes in some of our most popular Rut Runner home towns. Stay Tuned.
COVID Guidelines – In order to participate in the Rut Virtual Runs, you must follow the CDC guidelines for your area, and maintain proper social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Questions? Email Rut Race Director Mike Foote at Mike@Runnersedgemt.com