The Rut Virtual Runs
Join in on the Rut experience on your own terms. The 2021 Rut Virtual Runs are perfect for Rut Runners who want to run their race on their schedule in the location of their choosing. RVR runners will receive Rut goodies, correspondence and deals with our partners, the chance to upload their RVR results, and more!
How it Works:
The RVR is quite simple. You train for your Rut event this summer and then run the distance of your event on the route of your choosing during the window of August 28th-September 6th. You can then upload your self-reported results to our Runsignup platform. We will then send you your 2021 Rut Virtual Runs Care Package.
Timeline to complete the RVR:
RVR Runners will have a window from 12:00 AM on August 29th to 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 5th to complete their distance and upload to our Runsignup results platform.
You will have from Saturday, August 28th – Monday, September 6th to complete your Rut Virtual Run and upload your time to RunSignUp.
To upload your results, follow the directions below.
- Log on to your RunSignUp account.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right of the webpage, select “Profile”.
- Scroll down to “Upcoming Races” and click on “Submit Virtual Results”.
- Submit your RVR result!
For more information on results submission, visit this webpage.
All RVR Runners will receive Rut care packages custom to their distance:
- 11K – 2021 Rut T-shirt, 11K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib.
- VK – 2021 Rut T-Shirt, VK Finishers Medal, 2020 Rut Race Bib.
- 28K – 2021 Rut T-Shirt, 28K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib.
- 50K – 2021 Rut T-Shirt, 50K Finishers Medal, and 2020 Rut Race Bib.
*Care packages will be sent to ALL RVR participants following the closing of the RVR on September 5th. Finishers Medals will only be included in care packages for runners who uploaded their self-reported race results to our Runsignup platform during the window of time.
All RVR Participants will also receive
- Challenges to keep you motivated and on task throughout the summer, with challenge awards generously donated by our partners.
- Platform to upload your results and see how all your fellow Rut Runners crushed their own RVR.
- Access to the private RVR Strava Group.
Now that we have gone virtual you can choose to run your Rut event anywhere. We recommend you find a fun adventure close to your home. Though we never thought we would say this if it must be done on a treadmill we support you!
While we encourage you to challenge yourselves with your own steep and rugged courses like the Rut, there will be no elevation gain required for the RVR. You must only complete the distance of your chosen event and then upload your results to our Runsignup platform to be considered an RVR finisher.
Additionally, we are working to provide you with some suggested routes in some of our most popular Rut Runner home towns. Stay Tuned.
COVID Guidelines – In order to participate in the Rut Virtual Runs, you must follow the CDC guidelines for your area, and maintain proper social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Questions? Email Rut Race Director Mike Foote at Mike@Runnersedgemt.com