2021 Rut COVID Guidelines and Protocols
Page Updated 8/27/21: As of today, the Madison County Health Department and Big Sky Resort are not requiring masks on their property. Please read our current Rut COVID protocols below.
- Before the event: We ask those who feel unwell or are showing signs and symptoms of COVID to stay home.
- Masks: If you are unvaccinated we ask that you wear a mask when you cannot socially distance yourself from others. This includes runner check-in, the event start and finish area, and aid stations.
- Masks are now required for all runners at the start of the VK, 11K, 28K, & 50K: Once runners have enough space to spread out they can remove their masks. Masks are currently not required in aid stations.
- Runt Run: Masks are encouraged but not required. We will have space for runts to spread out during the rolling start window should runts and families need space to participate.
- VK Tram Download Mask Mandate: Runners must take the Lone Peak Tram down from the VK finish and must wear a mask while in the tram. Runners can put their masks in their drop bags if they wish not to carry them up the peak.
- Sanitation of Touchpoints: We will provide hand sanitizer in key areas in the base area and on-course at aid stations. Have volunteers sanitize touchpoints throughout the event weekend.
- Contactless Aid Stations: We will have contactless aid stations where volunteers will pour liquids for you.
- Wave Starts: We will have wave starts to limit congestion on the course.
- Lastly, we respect everyone’s right to feel safe and to wear a mask or socially distance whenever they feel necessary.