We encourage you to cheer on the Rut Mountain Runs! Your runners will appreciate it. Below is a little info to help you out.
Lift Access Cheering for spectators:
Big Sky Resort offers Scenic Lift rides on the Swiftcurrent Chair, which accesses the VK, 28k, and 50K course and the Ramcharger Chair, which accesses the 28K and 50K course. You can learn more about pricing and lift operation hours at the link below:
- Lift Access spectating zones
- Lone Peak Expedition (A guided tour which takes you up to the summit of Lone Peak)
Map of suggested spectator zones:
Food Options for spectators:
There are a plethora of dining options for you and your family in the Big Sky Mountain Village located within a minute walk of the Rut Mtn Runs start line. Check out all of your options at the link below.
5 Tips for spectating at the Rut
1) More Cowbell
2) No cowbell? Bring an Elk Bugle.
3) Runners love seeing you in spandex
4) No spandex? A hunters orange vest and nothing else will do just fine.
5) Bring your friends!
6) Did we mention cowbell?