Join us for a spectacular weekend in Big Sky, Montana this July for our inaugural Rut Training Camp! The camp will focus on exploring the toughest sections of the Rut 28K and 50K courses on guided group runs. We will have great food catered by Big Sky Resort, as well as daily presentations by our experienced staff to get you the most prepared and ready for your 2018 Rut!
(Registration will open at 8 AM MST on March 14th)
Registration is limited to those already signed up for the 2018 Rut Mountain Runs
Dates: July 27-29, 2018 (Friday-Sunday)
Big Sky Resort in Big Sky, Montana
We are excited to have a cozy and intimate feel for the weekend. Therefore, the camp will be limited to just 40 participants.
Who is this camp for?
The Rut Training Camp will be open to anyone who is currently signed up for the 2018 Rut Mtn Runs. This camp is ideal for Rut Runners looking for a great weekend of training 5 weeks out from their goal event at the Rut. Runners will also have a guided sneak peek at the toughest sections of the course like Lone Peak Summit, Headwaters Ridge, and Bonecrusher Ridge. (Participants must be at least 21 yrs of age.)
Runners must be able to:
Our training camp will not be a walk in the park. It will be a run, walk and scramble up and around Lone Peak for two days. Therefore, runners are expected to be able to complete a 10-mile mountain run with sections of exposure at altitudes up to 11,166ft in 4 hours or less. If you are unsure if this camp is a good fit for you, please contact Camp Director Mike Foote at Mike@Runnersedgemt.com.
Registration Cost: (Registration will open at 8 AM MST on March 14th)
What is included in your registration:
- A weekend with a knowledgeable and experienced camp staff including Rut Race Director and co-founder Mike Foote, experienced Rut runners and Runner’s Edge employees, as well as a guest appearance from The North Face Athlete Hillary Allen!
- An opportunity to see the trickiest sections of the Rut 28K and 50K courses in a fun and non-competitive atmosphere.
- 2018 Rut Training Camp gift bag with goodies from our sponsors
- Meals and snacks throughout the weekend.
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- A memorable experience in a beautiful area with great people!
- Great content for your social media feeds, making you the envy of all of your friends 🙂
What is NOT included in your registration:
- Lodging (Big Sky Resort is offering lodging specials to camp participants.)
- Travel to and from Big Sky.
- We have partnered with our host venue Big Sky Resort to offer Rut Training Camp participants a lodging special over our Training Camp Weekend. Please check out their lodging page for more info. Training camp prices are below. Minimum 2 nights stay required
- Huntley- $149 double occupancy
- Shoshone- $249
- Beaverhead or Big Horn 3 Bedroom- $275
Getting to and from Big Sky:
- If you are traveling from out of state, we recommend flying into Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport which is approximately a one hour drive from Big Sky Resort.
- Meet and greet with staff and fellow training camp participants in Big Sky Resort Mountain Mall Mammoth Room.
- Go over weekend schedule.
- Icebreaker Game/Exercise
- Light snacks available before the run
- Saturday schedule breakdown. Go over the route for the day.
- Presentation on Mountain Running Skill Sets
8:30 AM-12:30 PM:
- Break into 3 groups of different paces and do the Headwaters Ridge section of the course.
- Route: 10’ish Miles with 4,000’ish feet of gain.
- Return back around 12-12:30 PM
- Lunch catered by Big Sky Resort in the South Mammoth Room
- Personal Time/Down Time.
- Meet again in Mammoth Room for a guided mobility/recovery class led by our friends from The Mountain Project Gym.
- Happy Hour/Social time with Big Sky Brewing beer.
- OR Optional Run/Hike up Andesite Mountain (~1 Hr and 1400 ft of climbing)
- Dinner: Catered by Big Sky Resort in Mammoth Room
- Evening Presentation by Training Camp Guide and North Face Athlete Hillary Allen. We are so excited to have Hillary join us for the entire camp to bring her infectious enthusiasm and energy, as well as deep knowledge or Mountain Running and the Rut. As a perennial podium contender at our race, we are so excited to have her. For the evening presentation, Hillary will likely share about her love of science, insects, mountain running and tell tales of survival from her near-fatal fall in the mountains of Norway in the summer of 2017.
- Light snacks available before the run.
- Sunday schedule breakdown. Go over the route for the day.
- Q and A on the do’s and don’ts 5 weeks from the Rut (or other goal race).
8:30 AM-12:30 PM:
- Break into 3 groups of different paces and do the Lone Peak section of the course.
- Option #1: 10’ish Miles with 4,000’ish feet of gain. (come straight down Andesite front side.)
- Option #2: 15 Miles with 4,000 feet of gain. (Add 5 miles by going down Andesite back side)
- Return back around lunchtime.
- Lunch catered by Big Sky Resort
- Camp closing ceremony.
- Camp Participants travel back home. Or stick around and explore SW Montana. Yellowstone National Park is less than an hour away!
- Our Rut Training Camp is limited to 40 participants. We will have a wait list in the case of a cancellation.
- We know that life happens and plans change. Though we would love for you to join us for a great weekend in Big Sky, if you cannot we can offer a 50% refund if you must cancel. No refunds will be applied after June 1st.
- We reserve the right to cancel the camp due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to natural disasters, forest fires, acts of God. In this rare case, 60% of your registration fee will be refunded.
- We reserve the right to cancel the camp if 25 or fewer registrants are received by July 1st, 2018, one month prior to the start of the camp. In this case, 100% of your registration will be refunded. Please keep this in mind when planning and booking travel. We will notify you as soon as the minimum number of registrants is met.
- E-mail Camp Director, Rut Co-Founder & Race Director Mike Foote at Mike@Runnersedgemt.com